Amazon Kindle UK is the best e-reader on the planet! For those unaware of the stats, the USA and Australia have such great e-readers that it doesn’t really matter which one you have. However, in India, both the Amazon Kindle and Barnes & Noble Nook are the number one choices. So to make our e-books available to the masses, we need to look at new ways of doing things.
We’re thrilled to announce that Kindle UK has made it possible for you to read Kindle E-books on your computer or any kind of Apple or Android device. You will find the instructions below – and if you have any questions please let us know in the comments.
But before we do that, you’ll need to download the Kindle UK app from either the Amazon App Store on the Android phone, or the App Store on the iPhone.
How to read Kindle e-books
Once you’ve done that, follow the instructions below to convert your Kindle e-books to an ePub file and then use any e-reader to read the book.
1. In the Kindle app go to the ‘Your Kindle’ page and open the E-books menu. Click on the ‘Convert Books’ button.
2. You’ll then be given the choice of converting your Kindle book to a Kindle format or to an epub format. If you want to convert it to an epub format, choose that option and then click on the ‘Convert’ button.
3. You’ll then be given a choice of what to convert your Kindle book to: Kindle, Kindle for PC or Kindle for Android.
4. Once the conversion is complete, you’ll be able to sync the book to your Kindle app on your Kindle device, or you can download the book to a computer and then transfer it to the Kindle app on your Kindle device.
5. You can also read the book on any other Kindle device or Kindle app, by downloading the free Kindle app from the Amazon Appstore.
For more information and advice about e-book conversions please see the Kindle FAQ.
How to edit Kindle e-books
To edit the books you’ve already converted to an epub format, you’ll first need to download the Kindle app from either the Amazon Appstore on the Android phone or the Appstore on the iPhone.
1. Go to the ‘Your Kindle’ page in the Kindle app.
2. Click on the ‘Manage Your Content’ tab.
3. Click on the ‘Convert to Kindle’ button in the top left-hand corner.
4. Then follow the instructions below to edit your Kindle book.